We’ve had a huge influx of Amazon sellers contacting us regarding Amazon’s public announcement that Seller Central backend keywords are now limited to 250 bytes.
This has created uncertainty for many sellers who are unsure if their backend keywords are still being indexed, and if the 250 bytes limitation has been applied to all their products.
We’re excited to announce we’ve built a free Keyword Index Checker in Sonar to help sellers test if their products are still being indexed by Amazon. Simply enter your product ASIN + the keywords you want to check, and immediately see if your products are being indexed.
- Confirm if your backend keywords are being indexed by Amazon.
- Confirm if the keywords in your bullet points are being indexed.
- See if your competitors are using your brand name in their backend keywords.
NEW: Keyword Field Template in Sellics
To help sellers navigate the new Seller Central backend changes, the Keyword Field Template in your Product Dashboard will now automatically format your backend keywords to meet the 250 bytes restriction.
Your monitored keywords in Sellics will automatically be moved to this Keyword Field Template. You can simply copy & paste the keywords here directly into your Seller Central backend search fields.
- Duplicate keywords are omitted: We automatically remove the keywords already contained in your product title or bullet points, as keyword repetition will not help you rank higher.
- Hyphenated formatting: Keywords are formatted with hyphens to help you cover as many different word variations as possible using the least amount of space.
- Keyword search volume: If you do not have sufficient space for all your monitored keywords, keywords will be automatically prioritized by relevance for you.
NEW: See Keyword Rankings for Individual Products
You can now see the keyword rankings for individual Amazon products when you click on your Keyword Ranking Index. Simply click on ‘View all Rankings’ and we will display the keyword rankings for your individual products.
Do you have any questions or suggestions for improvement? Let us know in the comments below, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your feedback!