We have exciting news to share for Amazon sellers, vendors, and agencies looking to save time and finally automate their entire Amazon PPC campaign management.
With our latest update we’ve added automated keyword harvesting to our PPC automation features.
Keyword harvesting completes the set of automation actions in Sellics that ranges from bid adjustments to adding negative keywords and more. We’re therefore very proud to announce that you can now use Sellics to fully automate your PPC optimization!
- Keyword harvesting automation means automatically transferring search terms, keywords or ASIN targets from one ad group or campaign to another, based on a previously defined set of rules.
For you, this means you will no longer have to manually comb through search terms in your Automatic Campaigns to find new keywords for your Manual Campaigns.
You also no longer have to manually select profitable keywords to move between ad groups/campaigns to fine-tune your bidding.
Key Highlights of Keyword Harvesting Automation:
- Automatic transfer of your search terms from Automatic Campaigns to Manual Campaigns (e.g. add a well-performing automatic search term as a keyword in your Broad Match Campaign)
- Automatic transfer of your search terms, keywords and product targets between Manual Campaigns (e.g. transfer your profitable search terms from a Broad Match Campaign as a keyword to an Exact Match Campaign)
As before, you can also use the Bid Rules feature in Sellics to increase and decrease bids, and use Keyword Rules to add negative keywords and pause keywords.
Save Time and Automate Your Amazon PPC Management
With this new feature, Amazon advertisers can now drastically cut down their time spent on keyword management and use Sellics to automate their entire Amazon PPC optimization workflow.
Unlike other automation solutions, our new Keyword Harvesting automation and further rules-based PPC automation features give you complete control, firmly placing you in the driver’s seat for your keyword strategy.
- Please Note — Ad Groups vs. Campaigns: As determined by Amazon, sellers create one or more ad groups within campaigns, whereas vendors cannot. Vendor advertisers can only create campaigns without ad groups. Sellers, therefore, can automate the transfer of keywords between their ad groups, whereas vendors can now automate the transfer of keywords between their campaigns. To keep it simple, however, in this article, we will discuss campaigns, not ad groups.
If you do not have a keyword optimization workflow in place yet, we suggest the following setup for optimizing your Amazon PPC campaigns. Here, you will use a combination of an Automatic, Broad Match, and Exact Match campaigns per product/product set.
After logging in to the Sellics software and navigating to the Automation section of the PPC Manager (Seller) or the AMS module (Vendors), you’ll see two tabs:
Bid Rules (for increasing/decreasing bids) and Keyword Rules (for moving keywords, adding negative keywords and pausing keywords).
Both tabs have been pre-populated with default rule sets for you, based on industry best practices for estimated clicks and product sales.
You are, however, free to adjust these rules according to your specific strategy per ad campaign. You can also, of course, create new rule sets according to your strategy.
See below some examples of best practice keyword automation rule sets you can use for your ad groups.
Keyword Automation Rules for Your Automatic Campaign (Best Practice Rule Set):
This rule for your Automatic Campaign set will move converting search terms as a keyword to your Broad Match Campaign where you can control and fine-tune the bidding for it. It also adds negative keywords for search terms that have a high number of clicks but are not converting.
Keyword Automation Rules for Your Manual Campaign (Best Practice Rule Set):
This rule set for your Broad Match campaign will move high-performing search terms from your Broad Match Campaign as a keyword to your Exact Match Campaign. In your Exact Match Campaign, you only have one or few search term per keyword and can refine bidding even further.
Again this rule set also adds negative keywords for search terms that have a high number of clicks but are not converting.
You can even execute these keyword automation workflows at scale, for your entire Amazon Sponsored Products catalogue.
Click on the ‘Active Ad Groups’ button in your Keyword Automation rule set, and select all the ad groups you want your new keyword automation rules to apply to.
And that’s it! Once you’ve set up your keyword harvesting automation rules, you do not need to do anything else. The Sellics software will continue to optimize your campaigns for you.
- Log in to your Sellics account to try out the new keyword harvesting feature, or sign up below to try our Amazon PPC Management Software (for sellers) and Amazon Advertising Software (for vendors) for free today!
Do you have any questions or suggestions for improvement? Let us know in the comments below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your feedback!