When you contact Amazon Seller Support, it is likely that you need help resolving an issue quickly. The simplified sequence of steps would be:
- Login into Amazon account
- Navigate to the ‘Help’ section
- Choose preferred contact method (phone or email)
However, it’s all in the details:
- How exactly do you go about contacting support when you need it?
- What questions should you ask to maximize your success?
- How can you make sure the problem doesn’t happen again?
To answer all of these questions and more, Amazon is trying to deliver more support options to get your questions and issues resolved with speed and agility.
A new Amazon Seller Support Home Page was unveiled recently for the US market. It makes 3 support options immediately and easily accessible for sellers:
- Seller forums
- Case Log
- ‘Contact us’
For each of these methods (and more), we’ve collected our best tips based on the experiences of sellers like you. Read on to find out which method of contact is the best for your business and how to get the results and answers you need from Amazon Seller Support.
1. Amazon Seller Support: US Home Page
Amazon does offer a slew of information on the newly redesigned Seller Support Home page. The page underwent major changes in response to Seller feedback. It now displays your Saved Solutions and Top Solutions which are the most common seller issues and questions along with their answers.
Here, sellers can get help with things like:
- Canceling a listing
- Locating a buyer’s shipping address
- Account and payment policies
- Finding out about customer fees
- And other basic FAQs.
The new page is easily navigable in 3 simple steps:
- First, login into your Amazon Account
- Next, navigate to the Help Section
- Finally, choose your method of getting answers and/or getting in contact at the bottom of the Seller Support Home Page.
* Please, note: The design of the homepage is subject to change. Through our research that spanned the course of 4 weeks, we noticed that there are 2 or more versions of the US Support Home Page:
US Seller Support Page: Version 1 (‘Get Support’)
US Seller Support Page: Version 2 (‘Contact Us’)
If you are in need of more specific support or help with issues on your Amazon Seller account, beyond the information provided in Top Solutions, you will need to get in contact with Seller Support.
If you choose the ‘Get Support’ option (Version 1) or ‘Contact Us’ option (Version 2), you will be able to select 7 menu categories.
We highly recommend that when you do contact Amazon Seller Support on, you address each issue individually. Therefore, it is best that you open a new case for each issue. If you lump more than one issue together, it is likely that it will result in longer wait times to get your issues solved.
This is because your case may jump from department to department, fall through the cracks, or simply not get resolved. selecting any of these issues, you’ll be able to either send an email or make a phone call to Seller Support.
If a problem persists or you experience the same problem repeatedly, we recommend that you review your case log before contacting Seller Central Support. That way, you can review how the case was addressed and work with the Seller Support team to get the issue solved permanently.
2. Amazon Seller Support: ‘Rest Of World’ Page
For now, Amazon’s Seller Support Home Page (ROW) remains much the same. You can log into your Amazon Seller account and select ‘Help‘ in the top right corner of your screen or ‘Get Support‘ in the bottom left.
* Please, note: Similarly to The Seller Support Home Page (US), The Seller Support Home Page (ROW) design also changes quite often but the options remain approximately the same. Sometimes the Support Home Page includes a ‘Contact Us’ option (in addition to ‘Forums’ and ‘Case Log’).
3. Final Steps: Contact Amazon Seller Support by Phone or Email (US and ROW)
Depending on which version of the Support Home Page you get, you’ll have the option to search for the solution to your issue or contact Seller Support by phone or email.
For phone assistance, simply enter your phone number into the ‘Your number’ field and for email assistance, write a detailed subject line and a concise description of the issue you are facing.
Do’s for Contacting Amazon Seller Support by Email
- DO include a subject line (contact reason) that briefly but concisely describes the issue you are facing
- DO include your product and account details (account number, brand name, business owner)
- DO include the start date/time of the issue
* Please, note: Your email will be sent only after you hit the ‘Submit’ button. In most cases, you will receive a reply within 24 hours. The reply will come to the inbox of the email address registered with your account.
Do’s for Reaching Amazon Seller Support by Phone
- DO begin by clearly stating your account details
- DO be patient in waiting to be connected to the right department
- DO describe your issues concisely and calmly, asking questions one by one
When contacting Amazon Seller Support, we encourage you to add your own interpretation of what might be causing your issue. Feel free to reference your research or other cases from the case log that support your hypothesis. Again, the more detail you are able to provide, the more likely you are to get a speedy resolution and helpful answer(s).
Case 1: Example of Good Interaction with Amazon Seller Support by Phone
Case 2: Best Practice for Getting Results from Amazon Seller Support
Conclusion: 5 Key Points
Amazon is ramping up its Seller Support efforts as its support team has grown significantly over the past few years. Whichever your preferred method of contact, you are sure to have a more successful experience if you keep these 5 concluding points in mind:
- Keep on the topic you need help with and deal with 1 issue at a time to get support from the right dept.
- Don’t veer from the main point of the issue you need help with and provide as much context as you can.
- Help support team understand your needs: use proper sentence structure and grammar.
- Give your own opinion of what might be causing the issue.
- Be specific – it will help get a high-level of support.
Getting support as an Amazon Seller is possible and can be made smoother by following our tips and recommendations.