What is the goal of Amazon SEO?
Amazon SEO aims to improve the likelihood of customers finding your products through Amazon search.
Why is Amazon SEO important?
Amazon SEO is important for the following reasons:
- The majority of Amazon customers who are looking for a specific product use the search function to find suitable products and shop on the platform.
- Amazon is the number one search engine when it comes to product research — even overtaking Google.
- But: Customers tend to focus on the first page of Amazon search results. Consequently, the highest ranked products receive a bulk of traffic and are easily converted into sales.
Therefore, the Amazon search function offers tremendous potential to increase the traffic to a product page — and thereby sales. To realize this potential, however, it is important to achieve the highest visibility possible for your products by optimizing their listings for Amazon SEO. After all, customers must be able to find your products before they buy your products.
How can I optimize my product listings for Amazon SEO? What are the ranking factors?
Amazon SEO means optimizing product listings. There are two crucial aspects to this: keyword optimization and performance optimization.
In principle, a product can only be found with the Amazon search if the product page contains the keyword(s) a customer is looking for. Keyword optimization ensures that a product can be found for all relevant keyword searches.
How well a product ranks for these keywords in turn depends on its performance metrics.The performance metrics are traffic and sales, as well as click rate (CTR) and conversion rate (CR). You can improve these performance metrics and the ranking of your product by optimizing the following factors:
- Product Copy (Title, Bullet Points, Description)
- Additional Content (A+ Content)
- Images + Videos
- Product Information
- Reviews + ‘Questions & Answers’
- Price + Shipping Costs/Duration
- Advertising campaigns (e.g. Amazon PPC campaigns via sponsored products as well as Lightning Deals and coupons).
The correlation between Amazon SEO and Amazon PPC
Amazon SEO is a requirement for successful PPC campaigns
Ad display on Amazon is based on relevancy. That means that Amazon in many cases only shows your ad if your product page contains the keyword you are advertising. PPC campaigns can therefore only work if a product listing was first optimized for relevant keywords – using Amazon SEO.
Additionally, if the product page is optimized for CTR and CR, the performance of the advertising campaigns will also improve.
Amazon SEO is, therefore, a pre-requisite for successful PPC campaigns.
Amazon PPC improves organic ranking
The organic ranking of a product is highly dependent on its performance, in particular how well it sells.
Unlike Google AdWords, this also applies to sales that come from Amazon PPC campaigns. An increase in sales due to PPC improves the overall performance of the product and in turn the organic ranking.
This feedback mechanism is especially helpful to improve the organic visibility of new products, a process which would otherwise take much longer. PPC Campaigns help these products to rise faster through the ranks, and thereby achieve more initial sales.
Amazon SEO Content in the Sellics Vendor Academy
In the following lessons of this module, we will show you how to optimize keywords, product texts, extended content, images, and product information. You will find optimization tips for reviews in the module “Customer Feedback” (coming soon). Information about advertising campaigns is provided in the corresponding modules (e.g. “Amazon Sponsored Products”).
Sellics Vendor Editon-Boost Your Amazon Rankings
The Content & SEO module of the Sellics Vendor Edition helps vendors optimize their content for Amazon SEO and conversion:
- Content Check: quickly identify the optimization potential of your product listings
- Identify top keywords: research all relevant keywords and prioritize their relevance according to Amazon search volumes for maximum impact
- Intuitive listing optimization: Let Sellics VE assist you in creating top ranking product listings in an intuitive optimization workflow. Tap into precise keyword information as well as content insights from customers and competitors.
- 1-Click keyword optimization: Automatically create the optimal set of backend keywords with just one click to achieve better organic visibility.
- Ranking tracker: track your keyword rankings and accurately measure the success of your optimization efforts. Export your data for further analysis.
- Content Monitoring – keep track of all the changes made to your content: stay in control of your products and receive automated notifications when 3P sellers or Amazon make unauthorized changes to your product listing.