Course: Amazon SEO
You will learn:
- What are the Amazon ranking factors?
- How to optimize your content
- How to research & optimize keywords
- Introduction: What is Amazon SEO and why is it important?
- Optimize Your Amazon Product Listing Content
- How To Create Convincing Amazon Product Images
- How to Use A+ Content
- How to do Keyword Research
- How to Optimize Keywords for Amazon SEO
Content Marketing Manager at Sellics. I stay on top of Amazon News to bring you the freshest updates and business strategies. Keep reading and commenting -- We love to hear from you!
How to do Keyword Research
You will learn:
- Why is keyword research important for your product listing?
- Tips & techniques for Amazon keyword research.
Why Is Keyword Research Important?
Products can be found at Amazon only if the product page contains all keywords a customer is searching for (although there are some exemptions). Identifying all relevant keywords is, therefore, necessary to optimize the product page for ranking and discoverability (Amazon SEO).
Tips & Techniques for Amazon SEO Keyword Research
Amazon Search Autocomplete
When you enter a keyword in the Amazon search box, Autocomplete suggests search terms that Amazon customers use frequently. Autocomplete is a valuable source that offers predictions based on searches conducted by real Amazon customers. For example, entering a `keyword´ followed by the `letter A to Z´ allows you to search for a whole series of different combinations.
The evaluation of competitor listings provides a shortcut to finding an array of relevant keywords. To do this, simply enter one of the main keywords for your product in the Amazon search and analyze the top products in the search result.
Evaluate the reviews of your product or similar products to find out which terms your customers use to describe your product.
Sellics Vendor Edition And Sonar
Sonar (by Sellics) is a keyword research tool specifically designed for Amazon. The tool can be accessed directly in the Content & SEO module in Sellics Vendor Edition and can also be used free of charge here.
Sonar contains a database of millions of real Amazon search queries that can be searched for matching keywords for Amazon SEO. For each of these keywords, Sonar also displays the Amazon search volume.
With Sonar, keywords can be researched for all European Amazon marketplaces (DE, UK, FR, IT, ES) and for Amazon.com (US).
Search modes for keyword research
The research tool (screenshot below) offers the search options “ASIN”, “Advanced” and “Keyword”. Based on all keyword suggestions, you can put together a list of relevant keywords. You can then use this keyword list to optimize your listing and track your keyword rankings. The tool will also show you immediately if any researched keywords are still missing in your listing.
Keyword Research in Sellics Vendor Edition
The search modes can be used for different purposes. We recommend the following workflow for keyword research:
- ASIN Reverse Search – Find Competitor Keywords: When searching for an ASIN in Sonar, you will find the keywords the product is organically ranking for. This is a quick and easy way to find relevant keywords your competitors are using and ranking for. Simply enter the ASIN of a competitor’s product (or select one of the suggested competitor products) and add relevant keywords to your keyword list.
- Extended Mode – Find Related Keywords With Similar Meaning: Enter a main keyword (e.g. one of the top keywords from your ASIN search). Sonar will then suggest keywords with the same root as well as other related keywords. For example, typing “purse” gives suggestions auch as “purse”, “wallet”, “card holder”, etc.
- Keyword Mode – Find Variants Of Top Keywords (Longtail Keywords): Enter a main keyword. Sonar will then provide you with suggestions that contain the keyword you entered. For example, if you type “purse”, you get keyword suggestions such as “purse men”, “Leather purse” or “purse small”. This way you can quickly find many different long tail keywords for your initial keyword. This mode is especially useful if you want to find more variants of the top keywords you have already researched.
- Select one of your Topseller products for conducting keyword search.
- Manual Approach: Perform a keyword search based on Amazon Autocomplete and competitor products. Collect your keywords in a list for keyword optimization.
- Using Sellics VE: Use the Keyword research tool to find competitor keywords, other related keywords with similar meaning, and variant keywords. Add the researched keywords to your product's keyword list in Sellics VE.